Monday, May 24, 2010

bEiNg A cOmMittEE foR TA'ARUF WEEK



Salam to all blogger..It has been a week since I come to PJ Campus for induction course and Taaruf Week. I was really shocked when I arrived here and registered at STAD Office because I was one of the catering members. I forgot if i had applied for that bureau..anyway, just enjoy the moment and maybe this time I'll learn something new.

There are many bureaus in this Taaruf committees such as Registration, Publicity & Protocol, Security & Transportation, and Special Task. Luckily, my head of committee is someone that;s very well-known in Nilai Campus especially in Facilitators Representative Committee (FRC). For that reason, I start thinking that I'll learn how to be a good leader and how to manage the tasks given to our bureau.



This picture is taken by ......( forgot already) but not all committee members there. Actually, the green batik was our last Taaruf Week when we were first year students. On that day, we were allowed to wear that green batik on night only.


Ni gmbo kat depan UKC1..diambil semasa petang rehearsal Welcoming & Bai'ah Ceremony.

There are so much experience that I got when i joined this committee. At first, I just thought that I'll get something new from this as my wish was not granted. I don't know how difficult the tasks given to us as I can't imagine it. During induction course, there were so many discussions taken place in order to make everything that we have planned smooth. But, sometimes I feel tensed of what they had discussed. Never mind, it's my own problem. For your info, Catering Committee had gone through three different phases- induction course, registration days and grand events. We had been told by our leader, Abu Zar that we should have a good and smooth plan to handle the situations. In fact, there will be something unexpected come up during the time. ' An event is subject to changes'. Therefore, we must prepare some back up plans in case something happened. For example, one the committees fell sick or the number of guests increase. In this case, there should be a master plan, back-up plan and floor plan. I think, It's not easy to manage the task if we don't have at least some experience but the most important thing is how ready you are to take the risks.

My principle of life is I'll try my best and failure is the best lesson.So, I dare to take the risk as long as I think that I'm capable and confident to do it. The more challenge, the better it'll be. Here, I learn how to be a good follower and a good leader.
During Registration days, we were very busy of working on supplying food to all Taaruf Committee members while they are working. We delivered some of the food and some were picked up from the station located in front of the IIUM's clinic. Pertaining to the challenge, sometimes the food was not ready yet even the time is coming. So, some of us become panicked and quite clumsy I think. The fact is, we should serve the food on time. That's what I had learned when I worked at KFC.


this pic was edited by Hajar...


at the main station: clinic foyer, packaging and distributing the food.


Inside OR (operation room) in CL01, from left: Farid, Zamzamin, Syafiq and Sharafi.

One evening, we had a meeting with MR.SUKI, Catering Comm. and Pub&Pro Comm. to learn about protocol especially during food serving.

This pic was taken before the meeting. From left:Mimi, me, Puteri and Aisyah.


From left: Wafiy, Aqmal, Akram and Sharafi.

Klik, KLik, KLIK, we had reached to the final event in Taaruf Week, Welcoming and Baiah Ceremony. So, let me tell you what happened during that time. We had invited all our respected VIPs~ IIUM's Rector, CFS IIUM Dean, all Deputy Deans and all Head of Departments. There were some gimmicks prepared by OCC.


This was an effort showed by OCC and SENTRA collaboration.


In front of UKC1 after the VIPs went to the refreshment room.

There are some pictures taken during that night..just enjoy and feel the moment.








I think that this best pic from the best angle.

That's all about Taaruf Week 2010/2011. I, Nurul Shafikah Binti Sulaiman would like to make an apology to all committees especially to Catering & Refreshment Committe if I had done anything wrong.
Wassalam.


No comments:

Post a Comment