Saturday, June 19, 2010

BeiNG A Facilitator


Salam to all bloggers..today is Sunday. I want to get full rest since I had worked hard since last few days till last night. Actually, GCU had organizing
Peers Induction 2010 conducted by Peers Group which mostly are second year students. Although I'm new in PJ campus but I feel so happy because all peers had welcomed us[ peers from Nilai campus]. We were greeted well. I could feel that this group really suits me from my first impression during our first meeting.

Peers' Booth...
Starting from Monday, 14th June 2010 until 16th June 2010 we had opened our booth for new intake students from first year students. Luckily, I had a chance to be at the booth for the first day from 11.30 a.m until 1 p.m. It was an exciting experience which remind me of being a cashier at KFC last year. Greeting students and promoting the society were just nice with my working experience..[haha] So far, till the second day we got a very warm welcome from first year students. Mostly, they were PRS since secondary school. So, they would like to continue this kind of job in university level- same goes to me.

Peers' Introduction Night
On that night, again and again I was assigned by Ikhsan to be at the registration booth. As always, I was delighted to do my job as long as I was willing to do it. This event was held on Wednesday, 16th June 2010 at Lecture Hall A, CFS IIUM, PJ Campus. The hall was really full of students who interested in PEERS. And I had a chance to have new friends from 2nd year Peers and first year students. Since I'm new in PJ, many of them asked about my experience being in this campus. So far, I'm not having any big trouble living in this campus as long as we are welcomed. So, I had a new friend named Azwan who was really really funny and full of sense humor. Talking to him made me laughing most of the time. That's good because it helps me to maintain 'muda'[bahase rojak sket]..

PEERS' Induction 2010
On 18th-19th of June 2010, there was held the Peers' Induction 2010 conducted by 2nd year Peers Committees. I felt so excited [really excited], can't wait so long. Maybe because it was my first time to be a real facilitator and be involved in those activities. Besides, I also cannot wait to handle Indoor Activities-LDK because most of the activities were my idea which I got from my previous experiences. For me, it was just an experiment- if the module was a success, then we can use it for another program and maybe we can alter or modify some of it so that it will be better in the future. That was for my personal achievement..
18th June 2010, all the participants were gathered at ANNEX 102 for Ice-breaking activity. Each group will be given two facilitators- one brother and one sister. So, my partner, Rafiq Zain and I was assigned to facilitate group 4. My group consisted of 8 sisters and 2 brothers. The first activity was 'My First Kipas' which the objective was about first impression. From this activity, I got to know people's first impression towards me. Mostly they are positive one. But I guess their first impression towards me will change when they know me soon..haha..Then, each group was assigned to create logo and cheers in about 30 minutes. [Apelagi, pulun habis2 arr nak siapkan sume tu..hihi] Presentation time..

GARUDA'S CHEER
Takut takut takut
Tak takut tak takut
Cuak cuak cuak

Tak cuak tak cuak
Gentar gentar gentar
Tak gentar tak gentar takut x takut, cuak tak cuak
cuak x cuak cuak
hezz..GARUDA


*memang best giler arr cheers ni..sumpah x tipu..ngan gaya lagi
thumbsup laa kat adik2 sume..sayang korg!!!

Waa, this was a real thing happened to me. I got happy go lucky group and perfect partner[ giler2] to handle this job.


The second day again was something really precious that I got. We had Explorace in the morning, proceeded with preparation for Performance Night and lunch time. Garuda had no luck in the Explorace as they cannot get the first place but I think they had done well..At 2.30 pm, we started LDK1 session with Easy Drawing activity which aimed to promote basic skills of communication and leadership skill. Another two activities- cross hand and misunderstand were quite interesting especially when I watched them on how to solve the crossing hand. Misunderstand was really funny, I thought I had laughed so much and I was really entertained with the brothers and sisters. LDK2 started right after Asar prayer in which each group was assigned to make a parachute by using egg, plastic and newspaper. The parachute made must not break the egg when it is launched. The objective of this activity is to acquire creative and critical thinking among the participants. As facilitator, we helped them to make the parachute and so far the egg was......retak.[haha...fizik x lepas, salah konsep] [Pecah pecah pecah,
x pecah xpecah]

Garuda performed Nasyid that night entitled Remaja by UNIC. The theme REVOLUTION for Performance Night was able to create various version of revolution and polish up their talents. There were Boria, Dikir Barat, Pentomen and Drama besides Nasyid which performed by all groups. Some performance were really good and creative...thumbsup~
The result was announced. Garuda got the second place for the whole activities and the group leader was awarded as The Best Leader..congrats to all of you!!!


mmg insaf lah~

adik2 kesayangan sdg buat persembahan...Teenagers!!!

gaya santai...apsal lak si Rafiq tuh?? syok sendiri..haha


The best team ever~ Garuda in my heart..

from left:Rafiq, Asyraf, Farhan, Zafri and Ikhsan.. syok sgt dengar lagu2 60an tu..


Saya dan Nazirah..chill~


this is Azwan...beside him is also a faci but forgot his name...

haha..Aznil and Liyana Jasmay[not real name] in drama..


one of the participants who was awarded.....

That's all

~THE END~


2 comments: